Summary: Delivers fuel products to meet customer needs by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Operates equipment engaged in the delivery of bulk fuel products to company and customer locations in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Carries out scheduled keep-full and will-call deliveries and performs deliveries in a safe and efficient manner.
3. Performs all company and regulatory agency vehicle inspections prior to and following each assigned shift.
4. Prepares and distributes required vehicle inspection forms in accordance with DOT requirements.
5. Handles all bills of lading, invoices and chain of custody forms properly.
6. Preserves a safe work environment by maintaining equipment in a clean and orderly manner and in good mechanical condition.
7. Completes all required paperwork in a timely and legible manner.
8. Collects payment from customer where applicable, and handles cash/checks in accordance with company policy.
9. Plans route for each shift efficiently.
10. Monitors customer needs.
11. Provides feedback and customer information to supervisor.
12. Takes care of any minor fuel truck maintenance.
13. Reports any field equipment malfunctions immediately.
14. Maintains fuel truck and reports any malfunctions to the Fleet Manager.
15. Reports any traffic violations, fines and accidents immediately to management.
16. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of on-board truck computers such as Mid-Com 8000.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
• Valid Class B Commercial driver's license
• Valid HAZMAT Endorsement
• Valid tank endorsement
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
• Time management
• Oral and written communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance on tanks several feet in the air; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers