AKS Engineering & Forestry (AKS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Project Surveyor for our Keizer, Oregon office. You will work closely with our Project Managers, Project Engineers, and survey team on a mixture of private and public works projects as we grow our clientele in the area. This is an excellent career opportunity for a responsible person with 5+ years of experience in land surveying, a Professional Land Surveyor’s License in Oregon and/or Washington, AutoCAD/LDD knowledge, and familiarity with local codes and agency standards. AKS offers a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth. If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization that is poised for growth, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Oregon Professional Land Surveyor’s License (Required)
• AS or BS in Civil Engineering or Surveying or Forest Engineering (preferred)
• Knowledgeable in all phases of land surveying and map preparation, including land surveying techniques, principles of boundary control, and construction surveying
• Knowledgeable in the laws and regulations pertaining to land surveying in Oregon
• Various land surveying technical skills, including ALTA/ACSM surveys, platting, land development, ROW surveys, preliminary design surveys, topo surveys, construction staking, deed research, survey map research, and good organizational skills
• GPS experience
• Scanning experience
• Extensive experience resolving boundary lines and creating Records of Survey
• Effective written and oral communication skills including proposal and report writing
• Ability to work quickly, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
• Comfortable networking with clients and colleagues to develop and maintain professional relationships
• Personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
• Possess solid time management, and follow-through skills
• Proven ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Job Functions & Responsibilities: Working under the direction of the Project Surveyor
• Project Surveyor for multifamily, mixed use, municipal pipelines, residential subdivisions, commercial developments, and public works projects.
• Performs field survey work (as necessary) and directs work of survey crews.
• Operates survey equipment, including theodolite, levels, electronic measuring devices, and other equipment to measure distances, horizontal angles, and elevations.
• Inspects work to ensure that it is conducted according to instructions and is in conformance with accepted land surveying standards.
• Maintains accurate, orderly, and legible field notes of survey work performed, including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks, and mathematical calculations.
• Operates a computer and peripheral equipment to compile survey notes and create drawings, as required.
• Signs and stamps subdivision maps, Record of Survey maps, lot line adjustments, ALTA surveys, plats, and legal descriptions to attest to their technical correctness.
• Performs survey activities in a safe and effective manner.
• Operate Trimble Robotic total stations with Survey Pro TSC3 Data Collectors.
• Interprets, evaluates, and prepares legal descriptions of real property.
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, and reviews the work of others.
• Performs AutoCAD/Civil3D drafting, including setting up sheets, importing points, line work/drafting, Record of Survey drafting, boundary line resolution, subdivision plat preparation, etc.
• Completes projects and special assignments, as requested.
• Does what needs to be done.
AKS is a locally owned infrastructure engineering firm that provides professional consulting services to municipal and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, natural resources, landscape architecture, arboriculture, water resources, and forestry. With this combination of professionals, we bring a holistic approach to problem-solving that allows us to implement solutions that may not be obvious when viewed from a single perspective. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and over 22 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients. In 2018, AKS was ranked as the 9th largest engineering firm in the Portland metropolitan area and the 2nd fastest growing engineering firm. Despite our growth, we have remained true to our values and diligently maintain our focus on quality. Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. In fact, AKS was recently recognized by The Oregonian as one of the Top Workplaces of 2018. We specifically place our offices closer to where our employees live providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters.
AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation, benefits, and special perks. Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers.